Fall is here, finally! And while we are waiting for the weather to cool down, we want our customers to get prepared for the upcoming fall camping season. Today we want to share our top tips and tricks to make your upcoming fall RV camping trip one to remember. MWSS, Inc. is here to equip your RV or camper with all of the electronics, appliances, and accessories to enhance your trip and make it the best it can possibly be. Keep reading to find out how to make the most of your fall camping trip this year.
Planning is Key
But we do not frown upon spontaneous camping trips either. However, a planned out fall camping trip tends to go smoother than a random, unplanned one. Planning out your upcoming camping trip will ensure that you do not miss a beat when packing for your trip and reduce the number of interruptions or bumps along the way. Here are some tips for optimum planning when organizing your next RV camping trip this fall:
- Pick Your Desired Campground and Book A Spot– Although capacities vary by campground, some sites do book up and stop allowing walk-ups. It all depends on the week/weekend.
- Along With Your #1 Pick, Choose a Few Backup Spots– Like we said, campgrounds fill up quickly, even in the fall! You should do your research before you depart in the case that your first choice is full and you have to resort to a new location. It is best to know beforehand if there are other campsites nearby, rather than getting to your first spot and realizing its full, then having no other campground to go to within an 60-mile radius.
- Plan an Itinerary for Your Trip– There are so many fun things to do while fall camping that it can sometimes be overwhelming to know what to do and when. If you plan out all the top activities you and your family or guests want to do, it will keep you on track to accomplishing as many as possible and know what you should be doing at each time of the day.
Our key tip is that planning will only enhance and make your fall camping experience more enjoyable and less stressful.
Food For Thought
One of the most important items to pack is food. In the case of eating and drinking, it is always best to have more than you need versus less. Once you are on your campground, and even on the way, it is difficult to stop for extra supplies or have to leave your campsite all together to make a food run. This is why we recommend writing out a list of all the food/drinks you want to pack on your fall camping trip. That way it is easier to navigate while shopping, packing, and double-check before you depart.
Here are some items that will take your camping treats to the next level:
- S’mores– A camping classic that you can never go wrong with.
- Warm, Yummy Drinks– Hot chocolate, hot apple cider, coffee (of course).
- Easy Crockpot Meals– Pot Roast, Chili, Soup, etc.
- High Energy Foods– Nuts, Avocados, and Fish are all high protein foods that will keep you sustained and energized throughout all of your outdoor activities.
- Baked Goods– they are easy to grab for breakfast or a snack on the go, and kids love them!
The key tip is to pack extras and always think of easy, convenient ways to incorporate food into your fall camping plans.
Supply Your Site
In our previous blogs, we’ve discussed all of the things you should pack on your fall camping trip. Checklists are essential in packing all of the necessary items you should have onsite at your campground. However, there are always extra items you will want to bring on your trip, even if you think that you will never use them.
Here is our list of extras we think should be on your list:
- Extra sleeping bags, blankets, pillows
- A portable stove, or two
- Extra layers of clothing, shoes, and socks
- Lawn chairs and Folding Tables
- Duct Tape, Rope, and Flashlights/Batteries
- Hand warmers, minis fans, and nightlights
- ICE- if you do not have an ice maker in your freezer
- Sunscreen, bug spray, and mini toiletries.
These may all sound a bit random, but we promise that yo will find a use for all of the items mentioned while camping.
Although camping requires planning, packing, and extra thought, it is well worth it and tons of fun! Fall camping might just be our favorite season to RV camp in… here’s why! Most bugs are not out as heavily as they were during the spring and summer months, the weather is cooler and perfect to enjoy day and night, and the colors of fall make for a beautiful camping scenery! We hope this blog has given you some extra insights on how to make the most of your fall RV camping trip this year. If you are in need of updating any appliances or accessories in your RV before your upcoming trip, let MWSS help! Contact us today for all of your RV needs or shop our online store now.