At MWSS, Inc., we want only the best for our customers. That means RV appliance, electronic, and accessory recommendations perfect for your style and your RV. If you’re in the market for a new air conditioning unit, rooftop A/C units are a great way to go. Not only are they space-saving and efficient, but the Rooftop GE RV Air Conditioner is actually easy to install, which is good news for everyone.
Why Choose a Rooftop GE RV Air Conditioner?
GE RV rooftop air conditioners are built to reliably and quietly cool the interior of your RV while also being durable. These RV air conditioners are made to last with corrosion-resistant coatings, heavy-duty motor support brackets, reinforced screw holes, and extensive vibration control testing. Plus, cleaning and maintenance of the indoor coil are easy with expanded polypropylene.
We highly recommend the rooftop GE RV Air Conditioner because it is quiet, reliable and efficient. Read more in this blog post.
How to Install a Rooftop GE RV Air Conditioner
GE rooftop air conditioners are designed to allow the controls to be mounted to the ceiling, creating a hands-free installation of electrical connections. Units will come with owner’s manuals with thorough instructions, but here are a few key points that outline just how easy installation can be:
- Your unit will include all of the necessary parts and pieces, and it will fit over a standard 14″ x 14″ hole in the top of your RV
- Take the pre-existing vent off the roof of your RV and seal any holes or seams
- Check all electrical requirements
- Lift the A/C unit over the opening, being mindful of the mounting gasket and direction of the unit. Once secure, this is all that needs to be done outside of the RV
- The rest of the installation will be from the interior of the RV and will vary depending on whether your unit is ducted or not. For both types, the beginning is the same. Double-check the gasket’s position and alignment and pull through the electrical power cord.
- If your unit is non-ducted, you will hook it up using the bolts and plug-in from the box to the air conditioner. If it is ducted, you will need to line up your ductwork and make sure your thermostat is properly connected. Follow your owner’s manual carefully to avoid damage and potential hazards.
- Once controls or the thermostat is connected, installation is complete.
GE rooftop RV A/C units are designed for long-lasting performance and cooling power. They are available for ducted and non-ducted applications and feature a variety of ceiling assemblies and controls including standard louvered vents, direct-control, or remote, programmable thermostats.
MWSS partners with GE to provide our customers with these superior products. Through our partnership with GE Appliances, we are able to bring unique, top-of-the-line RV appliances to the industry. These products have the guaranteed GE quality you expect and the RV industry stamp of approval.
At MWSS, we want the best for you and your RV. That starts with high-quality products and continues through great service. We encourage you to check out our store to see the GE Appliances and other great products we are offering for our RV dealers and owners. To inquire about GE rooftop RV A/C units or to get one in your hands as soon as possible, contact us today.